Official introduction of Legia
There was an official introduction of Legia’s players and their coaching staff at 9 p.m. on Thursday. There were about 10.000 fans in the stands of the new stadium. Supporters started to sing some Legia’s hits long before the beginning of the introduction. They also unfurled a giant flag with Warsaw club’s emblem from the year 1957.
We encourage you to see three photo-reports from the introduction:
- the first one taken by Mishka and Fumen,
- the second one taken by GeoS,
- the third one taken by Hagi.
We also induce you to see some videos recorded by members of our editorial staff which you are able to see below this article. We remind you that you can watch more videos at our special website Legia.TV.
Wojciech Hadaj began to introduce the footballers who are going to play for Legia in the season 2010/2011 at 9 p.m. on the dot. Then the pitch was entered by masseurs, doctors and members of Warsaw team’s coaching staff. The last person who appeared on the field was Legia’s new coach Maciej Skorża who ensured everyone that his team is going to fight for the Polish championship title. Some of his words have been drowned out by loud support of Legia’s fans.
In the end the footballers walked along the stands, sang “Warszawa” together with those fans who gathered in the new “Żyleta” stand and went to changing room accompanied by fireworks.
Supporters sang some hits for a while and then they left the stadium.
Legia’s lineup for the season 2010/2011:
1. Marijan Antolović, 55. Kostiantyn Machnowskij, 84. Wojciech Skaba, 29. Jakub Szumski
15. Inaki Astiz, 4. Dickson Choto, 2. Artur Jędrzejczyk, 11. Tomasz Kiełbowicz, 23. Srda Kneżević, 17. Marcin Komorowski, 26. Pance Kumbev, 25. Jakub Rzeźniczak, 24. Jakub Wawrzyniak
16. Ariel Borysiuk, 27. Alejandro Cabral, 7. Piotr Giza, 8. Maciej Iwański, 9. Manu, 32. Miroslav Radović, 31. Maciej Rybus, 20. Sebastian Szałachowski, 21. Ivica Vrdoljak, 33. Michał Żyro
82. Takesure Chinyama, 90. Maciej Górski, 18. Michał Kucharczyk, 80. Bruno Mezenga